Chris Freer Photography Blog
All the lastest news, pictures and events from Chris Freer Photography
Edward & Seona | New House Farm wedding photography | Lorton | Lake District
On the 14th July I was photographing the wedding of Edward and Seona at New House Farm in the Lorton Valley. New House Farm is a beautiful and very unique venue, the wedding receptions are held in the Hayloft of an original Lakeland barn and are fantastic for those couples who want a very unique and personalised wedding as the barn provides a blank canvas for the couple to work with. I would certainly recommend anybody looking for a venue to go along and have a look; it’s in a fabulous location and very well run.
As always, I ask the bride and groom if they would be kind enough to answer some questions for my blog posts and I hope that some of the information given can be of help to any future couples who are planning their wedding.
If you would like any more information about my Lake District wedding photography service then please click here.
Or click the following button to receive a free brochure and DVD.
Who made your dress and where did you get it from?
It is a Romona Keveza (NY designer but was a bargain in a sample sale!)...from a shop near my parents in High Wycombe - Stunning Bride.
What accessories did you wear?
I wore an antique family necklace (which had pearls and amethyst)and a veil (from Rainbow Club)...that was it really as I wanted to keep it simple.
What suits did the grooms man wear and where were they from?
Ed had a bespoke suit made at Moss Bros...A Birdseye brown suit with gold lining...he had he date of the wedding embroidered in the pocket too! The ushers and best men wore their own suits but all had the same tie and buttonhole and were asked to wear dark suit and white shirts.
What suppliers would you recommend?
- Fell and Dales Catering for an excellent hog roast and they were very flexible to help make our wedding personal (they also helped source and order glasses/linen)
- Floral Boutique for gorgeous flowers
- Lisa Lashes for hair - really friendly and took time to help me find the right style
- Dale the furniture guy is good...and easy to deal with and knows the venue well.
- My cousin for make up!!
- My mum for our wedding cake!!
- Ed's mum for bunting!!
- And don't forget the rest of the guests who all helped in various ways (including the cakes for desert)
- oh and you of course!
Where did you go on your honeymoon?
- Italy - travelled from Bolgna to Rome to Naples to Positano (good tip is a lot of hostels in Italy are hotel quality and a lot cheaper)
Any advice to other couples?
- Do what feels right for you as a couple
- Get your family and friends involved to help make it personal and fun
- Don't forget that the important bit is that you are getting married so it doesn't matter if little things go wrong...no one will know